Click here for more information!
On April 17, 2011, some of our activities will have a brand new look and great new features!
The following modules will have a new scrolling user interface
Reading - Writing - Language - Basic Mathematics - Intermediate Mathematics - Information Skills - Workforce Readiness Skills
In addition to the user interface upgrade, students will enjoy these features:
- New activities. We've added new lessons in Reading, Language, Basic Mathematics and Intermediate Mathematics!
- Custom user-selectable themes. Students can customize their SkillsTutor experience! Themes are available by clicking the "gears" available on each activity screen.
- Ability to review all lesson performance, not just tests. Students can scroll up to see tutorials during a lesson. After a student receives his activity score, he can scroll to review his performance on all questions.
- Improved audio interface. Lesson audio is now controlled through a Sound On/Sound Off option... you no longer need to click on screen text to have it read to you. Use the "gears" to set audio preferences
We're really excited about this content upgrade... excited about the changes that bring added benefits to all of our users: students, teachers and administrators. Here's some additional information about our upgrade:
- New activities. We've added new lessons in Reading, Language, Basic Mathematics and Intermediate Mathematics to better align to state standards (including Common Core State Standards) and national assessments, including the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
- Custom user-selectable themes. Six (6) themes are available to students. The Go On button can explode with glitter, appear through a trap door... it's each student's choice!
- Improved bookmarking and time-on-task calculation. SkillsTutor listens to our customers! Our development team has made bookmarking and time-on-task calculation much more precise! If a student doesn't interact with the content within 3 min. of his previous interaction, the activity enters sleep mode. The time spent in sleep mode, as well as the 3 min. leading up to sleep mode, is not counted in the time-on-task calculation.
- Complete keyboard-only compatible input. Use the Enter key to click the Go On button and the letter or number key to select answers. You can also move the focus around other interface buttons on the screen using the right and left arrow keys and press the Space bar to click the currently-focused button.
Additional SkillsTutor content upgrades are on the way... we'll keep you posted! Thank you for choosing SkillsTutor to be your partner in education!